Enabling Adirondack Health to grow the Saranac Lake facility
In the words of the “Future of Care Campaign”:
Our Surgeons and Peri-Operative team provide world-class care for our patients, but our Surgical Services Department was built in the early 1960s and is more than fifty years old. With baby boomers aging and a steady growth in surgical cases, we know the time is right to invest in renovating this critical service for our hospital.
With six brand new Operating Rooms, including a Hybrid Suite, a new Ambulatory Surgery Unit and Recovery Room as well as a dedicated MRI Suite, the comfort and convenience of our patients will be given top priority. New construction will support a growing service line with more spacious operating rooms, allowing for new technology and equipment.
Additions to our Surgical Services Department will allow for an increase in the number of surgeries performed by adding capacity and improving the surgical case turnaround time. It will also assist in the recruitment and retention of new physicians and staff.
- 6 Operating Room, able to accommodate emerging technology
- 1 Operating Room will be a Hybrid Suite
- A 10-bed Recovery Room (PACU)
- 22-bed Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU)
- 2 Endoscopy Rooms
- 1 Minor Procedure Room
- Dedicated Family Waiting Area
- Private Physician/Family Consultation Room
- State-of-the-art Central Sterile Processing department with direct access to the sterile core of the OR
- A permanent MRI suite with a state-of-the-art MRI that is more open and as much as 75% quieter
- Grant Name: Adirondack Health Future of Care Campaign
- Project Size: $40,000,000
- Grant Amount: $1,000,000 (2015-18)